Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
$150/person – This course is a full day of training.
Prerequisite: Working at heights
The purpose of this training is to help you become a qualified mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) operator – an operator who has the knowledge and skills to operate an MEWP in a safe and professional manner. Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to explain:
- The roles and responsibilities with regards to MEWPs
- The legislation requirements
- Understand the types of hazards that operators may be exposed to
- Identify applications, limitations and identify the main parts of MEWPs
- Understand how to conduct a pre-operational inspection
- Learn and understand safe operating practices with regards to MEWPs
- Understand Fuel Source Basics in MEWPs
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02 along with Construction Regulation 213/91, the OHSA and Guidelines and principles from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety.