$175/person – This course is six hours of training.
Forklifts while extremely versatile can also be very dangerous when operators are not trained how to use them properly. Hazard recognition is a key component when it come to safe operation of a forklift.
The purpose of this training is to help operators become a qualified Lift truck operator – an operator who has the knowledge and skills to operate a Lift Truck in a safe and professional manner.
By the end of this course participants will be able to explain:
- The roles and responsibilities with regards to Lift trucks
- The legislation requirements
- Understand the types of hazards that operators may be exposed to
- Identify applications, limitations and identify the main parts of Lift Trucks
- Understand how to conduct a pre-operational inspection
- Learn and understand safe operating practices with regards to Lift trucks
- Understand Lift truck capacity and stability
Course content is based on CSA B33-15 along with Construction Regulation 213/91, the OHSA and Guidelines and Principles from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety.
*Please note that this course requires a practical portion and is best conducted with the machine that participants will be using during their work day. The cost for a practical evaluation has been included in the cost for the course which involves the trainer coming to your job site or facility within a 25km radius of Stratford and conducting an evaluation.