Safe Operation of a Telehandler
$185/person – This course is six hours of training.
Telehandlers can be extremely dangerous when operators are not trained how to use them properly. They are a very versatile piece of equipment but hazard recognition is a key component when it come to safe operation of a telehandler.
The purpose of this training is to help you become a qualified Variable Reach Lift Truck (VRLT) operator – an operator who has the knowledge and skills to operate a Variable Reach Lift Truck in a safe and professional manner.
By the end of this course participants will be able to explain:
- The roles and responsibilities with regards to VRLTs
- The legislation requirements
- Understand the types of hazards that operators may be exposed to
- Identify applications, limitations and identify the main parts of VRLTs
- Understand how to conduct a pre-operational inspection
- Learn and understand safe operating practices with regards to VRLTs
- Understand VRLT capacity and stability
Course content is based on CSA B333-15 along with Construction Regulation 213/91, the OHSA and Guidelines and Principles from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety.
*Please note that this course requires a practical portion and is best conducted with the machine that participants will be using during their work day. The cost for a practical evaluation has been included in the cost for the course which involves the trainer coming to your job site or facility within a 25km radius of Stratford and conducting an evaluation.